- 1 lb large shrimp 450 g
- ½ cup milk 125 ml
- ¼ tsp crumbled oregano 1 ml
- ¼ cup almond (coarsely chopped) 60 g
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ tsp garlic, salt
- 1ml vegetable oil or margarine
- Boil shrimp and remove outer shell (15 – 20 minutes).
- Slice each shrimp along vein, deeply enough to lay out flat (butterfly fashion).
- Beat together egg, milk, flour and seasoning until smooth.
- Dip each shrimp in batter.
- Drain and spread in a single layer on a tray.
- Sprinkle almond if used.
- Chill before frying, 1 – 2 hours (optional).
- Heat fat to 370°F.
- Fry shrimps until brown.
- Deep or shallow frying.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.