- Makes about 10
- 250 g / 8 oz finely minced pork
- 250 g / 8 oz fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup soaked bean thread vermicelli
- 6 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 packet frozen spring roll pastry
- oil for deep frying
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 hot red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roasted crushed peanuts
- Put the pork and the washed, drained bean sprouts into a bowl.
- Cut soaked vermicelli into 5 cm (2 in) lengths.
- Soak dried mushrooms in hot water for 25 minutes, discard stems and slice caps finely.
- Combine all these ingredients with the onion, sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce, mixing thoroughly.
- If using small sheets, 125 mm (5 in) square, use one sheet per roll.
- If using large sheets 250 mm (10 in) square, cut in half.
- Take 2 teaspoons of the mixture and shape into a neat roll.
- Place at one end of the pastry square and roll up, turning ends in so the filling is completely enclosed.
- Deep fry in hot oil over medium heat, cooking the rolls for at least 2 minutes on each side so the filling is thoroughly cooked.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm, accompanied by the dipping sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.