- 1 cup cellophane (bean thread) noodles, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes, then cut into 6-inch lengths
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup smoked Ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pork, ground
- 2 Tablespoons water chestnuts, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Boil the stock in a large saucepan and stir in the soaked and cut cellophane noodles.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the minced Ham, Pork, and water chestnuts with the cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Shape the meat into little balls and drop into the soup. Continue cooking over moderate heat for another 15 minutes.
- Taste. If the broth is too concentrated, dilute with a little water.
- When ready to serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with scallions.
- Arm your guests with any tools they ask for and promise not to laugh as they slurp away.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.