- Servings: 4-5 persons
- Prep time: 30min
- Cook time: 2–3 hours
- 6-8 boiled eggs, peeled
- 1.5-2 lbs Pork, cut into chunky cubes
- soy sauce
- pepper, salt
- 1-1.5 cups Sugar
- bamboo shoots, rectangular/ squarely sliced thin
- Bring about 3-4 cups of water to a roaring boil
- Add enough soy sauce to make a dark brown color
- Add a couple dashes of pepper
- Add a dash of salt
- Add Sugar until sweet (the soup, not you!)
- Add enough sauce to taste (usu about 1.4 cup)
- Add about 5-7 tbit/s of soy sauce
- At this point you should be smelling a very beautiful smell. The soup should taste sweet, but not so sweet you can't taste the tinge of sauce you added.
- Add the boiled eggs to the soup, let boil for about 15 minutes then add the cubed Pork.
- Add Bamboo slices to soup and let boil on medium for about 30 minutes.
- You should notice that the eggs are taking up a shiny delicatable brown color.
- The soup should smell slightly different. When eggs are a nice brown color, the soup is ready to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.