- 1/2 pound of biltong
- 6 cups of consommé
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup shelled, roasted peanuts
- 1 cup boiled Lentils
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 cup of Wumubu Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
- Wash the biltong in hot water, and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pot, cover the meat with cold water and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the consommé and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add the onions, peanuts, Lentils, Mushrooms, and leek.
- Adjust the seasoning. Add the butter and cream. Serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.