This is a savory, rich and meaty peanut soup. You can make the peanut soup bolder by adding herbs and spices.
- 3 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 medium onions, minced, red, white, or yellow only
- small, sweet green pepper, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt, any kind
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 Chile pepper, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped fine or one sweet potato or yam, boiled and mashed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped or canned tomatoes
- 1 cup of natural unsweetened peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients except the peanut butter.
- Simmer over medium heat until everything is tender.
- Reduce heat, add the peanut butter and simmer for a few minutes more. Stir often.
- Soup should be thick and smooth.