This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Galvan Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium potato cooked, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced onion, red, white, or yellow only
- ½ cup diced Canadian bacon
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper, optional
- parsley, optional
- Combine eggs, salt, black pepper, and ⅓ cup of the cheese.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add potato, bell pepper, onion, bacon and garlic then saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg mixture and spread evenly in bottom of skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until almost set.
- Place skillet in preheated 450 oven for 5 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese then bake until cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of sour cream. Garnish with cracked black pepper and parsley, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.