DescriptionEditThis countrified, bold Canadian sauce is made with real barbecue sauce and maple syrup and is great for grilling or roasting. This is as easy as it can get when it usually comes to barbecue sauces. For a bold taste with the barbecue sauce, beer occasionally works for this, too.
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ cup lemon juice or (7 tablespoons lemonade, cold only)
- 1 can or bottle beer, optional
- Add all ingredients together, especially including beer. Let it simmer on a low-heat setting and stir occasionally.
- Pour or funnel contents from this homemade barbecue sauce into a fresh container. Reserve this in the refrigerator after cooling. Use on meat, seafood, or poultry.
Servings: 4-7 tablespoons or 6 cups
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.