- Cook ½ cup Sugar and 2 tablespoons water in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring until Sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to top of double boiler.
- Add cranberries.
- Cover berry mixture and place over simmering water.
- Cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from over water.
- Let cranberry mixture stand at room temperature overnight.
- Place remaining ½ cup Sugar on plate.
- Drain cranberries well.
- Add t Sugar and turn to coat.
- Let dry at least 30 minutes.
- Can be prepared 3 days ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Makes about ½ cup.
- Wiki.com/Candied_cranberries Candied Cranberries from Recipes Wiki -- source of original recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.