- Whip 1 egg white until it is frothy but does not stand in peaks.
- Gather perfect violets and their leaves; wash them gently and quickly in cold water and drip dry.
- When dry, dip each violet or leaf in the egg white and roll it quickly in granulated sugar to coat evenly, taking care not to get the sugar on too thick.
- Lay out on waxed papers to dry, well separated.
- In several hours or a day, the blossoms will be quite crisp and can keep for several months without losing fragrance or flavor.
- Store in an airtight tin, layered between waxed paper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.