Candied Yams from the Wikibooks Cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Boil yams in skins until about half done.
- Drain water from yams, remove skins, and cut in cubes.
- Place cubes in a greased baking dish and dot with margarine.
- Make a syrup by boiling brown sugar, water, and vanilla together.
- Pour over the yams.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, basting frequently with syrup.
- Cook until yams are tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.