- 1 x Stewing Chicken
- 8 cup water
- 2 x onions
- 1 x clove garlic
- 2 x carrots, finely diced
- 1 cup Long grain rice
- 1 x tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tbl parsley leaves
- 1 tbl Chopped cilantro or chopped mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chicken gizzard
- Cut Chicken into 4 pieces
- Wash Chicken well with salt and lemon
- Rinse, and season with salt and pepper
- Place Chicken,gizzard, onions, carrots and water in a stockpot and simmer 2 hours
- Add the garlic ( peeled whole)tomato, salt, pepper and cook another 30 minutes or until Chicken is very tender.
- Remove bones and skin,and shred Chicken .
- Return shredded Chicken to pot, add the rice and cook until rice is very soft, almost creamy. Stir in parsley and cilantro.Check seasonings
- Boil a few minutes and serve very hot.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.