This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cut 1 gallon okra as if to fry.
- Put in large pan and cover with water.
- Add vinegar and salt then boil 10 minutes.
- Pour into jars and seal in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Too cook drain liquid and rinse in colander.
- Do not add salt.
- Flour or meal and fry like fresh okra.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.