Peanut butter mousse
Peanut butter mousse
- Place 1 cup soymilk in 2-cup measuring cup.
- Add cocoa butter until contents reach 1¾ cups.
- Fill bottom of double boiler with water, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Place soymilk–cocoa butter mixture, remaining soymilk, sugar and vanilla in top half of double boiler, making sure water does not touch top half.
- Stir until mixture is melted and heated through.
- Let cool to maximum 100°F — a very important step.
- When cool, beat 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into container, and let cool at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight to firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast peanuts in oven, 5 to 7 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Grind in food processor about 30 seconds, or until coarsely chopped.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar.
- Brush sheet pan with 1 teaspoon oil, and line with sheet of parchment paper.
- Place egg replacer, guar gum, water, ¼ cup oil, soymilk, maple syrup and vanilla in blender.
- Process on high about 1 minute, or until thoroughly emulsified.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth.
- Using offset metal spatula, spread about ½ teaspoon of batter in circle on parchment, 2 to 3 inches in diameter and about 1/16-inch thick.
- Repeat with remaining batter until sheet pan holds 4 to 6 shells.
- Sprinkle shells with ground peanuts, and bake about 7 minutes.
- Rotate tray, and bake 3 or 4 more minutes, or until cannoli shells look dry, but are still malleable.
- Using metal spatula, loosen shells from sheet pan.
- To assemble shells, wearing oven mitts, wrap first shell around handle of whisk, and hold 2 or 3 seconds, or until set.
- Slide shaped shell off whisk handle, and set aside to cool.
- Repeat with remaining shells, working quickly before shells harden.
- If too firm, place shells back in oven 2 minutes at a time.
- Place Peanut butter Mousse in pastry bag fitted with star tip, and pipe mousse into each cannoli shell.
- To serve, toss blood orange segments, reserved blood orange juice and agave in bowl.
- Distribute evenly between six dessert plates.
- Place two cannolis on each plate, and sprinkle with cacao nibs.