Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 4 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 large cantaloupe, halved, seeded, and peeled
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger (don't use fresh ginger, it will destroy the gelatin)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 drops red and 4 drops yellow food color
- 1 pint blueberries
- Place eight 4 oz molds or custard cups on a tray.
- Sprinkle gelatin over juice in a saucepan, let stand 2 minutes to soften.
- Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves and liquid begins to steam.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut enough cantaloupe in 1 inch chunks to make 4½ cups.
- Puree chunks in blender with the sugar and ginger.
- Pour into a metal bowl.
- Stir in gelatin mixture, cream and food color.
- Set over a larger bowl, half filled with ice and some water.
- Stir until mixture thickens to consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Ladle into molds, cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
4 Hours before serving Edit
- Dip one mold at a time to the rim in warm, not hot, water.
- Invert on dessert plate.
- Shake sharply downward to release on plate.
2 Hours before serving Edit
- Cut rest of melon in small chunks.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon around panna cottas.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.