Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 4 Cup(s) coarsely chopped Onion
- 2 Tablespoon(s) peanut oil
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon(s) fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 ground fennel seed
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) black cardamom
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 2 medium,quartered,sliced zucchini
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) water
- 1 Cup(s) green beans
- 2 firm, tart, cored and cubed Apple
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Cup(s) chopped,dried apricots
- 1/2 Cup(s) Raisins
- 1/2 Cup(s) jam, preserve strawberries
- 1 Dash(s) fresh lemon juice
- Add the zucchini & water & stir well so that the spices won't stick to the pot.
- Cover & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the green beans, Apple, peppers & dried apricots.
- Simmer gently, covered for about 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally & add a little more water if needed to prevent sticking.
- When the fruit & vegetables are quite tender, stir in the Raisins, the conserve & the lemon juice.
- Taste & adjust to your liking if necessary.
- If you need it to be more spicy, add more Cayenne or garam masala.
- If you want it sweeter, add more conserve.
- Tarter, add more lemon juice.
- Serve on a bed of rice, topped with nuts & banana.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.