Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 3 dozen chocolates, about 18 servings.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 20 Kraft caramels
- 2½ tsp water
- 36 pretzel nuggets
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped, divided
- Grease a cookie sheet with the vegetable oil.
- Combine the caramels and the water in a saucepan and melt over low heat stirring frequently or in a covered dish in a microwave at full power for 1½ minutes.
- Dip the pretzel nuggets a few at a time in the caramel and remove with a fork to the greased cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until caramel is firm.
- Melt 3 oz of the chocolate.
- Remove from heat.
- While the chocolate is still hot, mix the remaining 1 oz of chocolate into the melted chocolate in 2 additions stirring until each addition is completely melted before adding the next.
- Lift the caramels from the sheet and dip one at a time into the chocolate.
- Coat completely and lift with a small fork.
- Shake off excess chocolate by rapping the fork on the edge of the bowl lightly.
- Remove any drips from the bottom by running the fork across the edge of the bowl.
- Slide the candy onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Allow to cool until solid.
- Let chocolate set at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.