- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup plus ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup caramel candies, each cut in quarters
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup melted dairy sour cream or yogurt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In medium-size bowl, combine 1 cup flour and ¼ cup brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Transfer mixture to pan and press in an even layer in bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- In same mixing bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, ½ cup brown sugar, and remaining ¼ cup flour; stir in apples, caramels, and nuts.
- Pour over bottom crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly; cut into quarters lengthwise and crosswise to make 16 bars.
- Cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.