This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tart red apples cored and sliced into ½ inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil and cook for 6 minutes turning occasionally until evenly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to skillet then stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- Cover and cook 4 minutes then remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops and keep warm.
- Continue cooking mixture in skillet uncovered until sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.