Makes 6 servings.
- 1 sheet prepared refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-ounce package)
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 Fuji apples, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup prepared caramel sauce
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions.
- Place crust into ungreased 10-inch tart pan, pressing firmly into bottom and up sides of pan.
- Prick bottom with fork. Bake at 450 degrees 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add Apple, brandy and cinnamon, cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring until Apples are tender. Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine rice, half and half, Sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and salt in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Gradually stir one-fourth hot pudding mixture into eggs; return egg mixture to saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Pour pudding mixture into pre-baked crust.
- Place Apple slices on top of pudding overlapping in concentric circles starting at outside edge of tart.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees; bake 15 minutes or until pudding is set.
- Cool 15 minutes, refrigerate until ready to serve.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.