Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 3 dozen bars.
- 1 x 14 ounces pkg. vanilla caramels
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 pkg Swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1½ sticks butter -- melted
- 1 cup pkg semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Combine caramels and ⅓ cup evaporated milk in heavy saucepan.
- Heat and stir until blended; keep warm.
- Combine dry cake mix, melted butter and ⅓ cup evaporated milk in bowl; mix well.
- Spread half of the mixture in bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 6 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate over hot layer; drizzle with caramel mixture.
- Spread remaining batter evenly over top.
- Return to oven and bake 15 to 18 minutes more or until top looks dry.
- Cool on rack; cut into fingers, about 3x1 inch.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.