This is an easy to make recipe that your kids will love. A simplified, glorious combination of authentic bread, butter, corn syrup, and eggs, and vanilla is great for other desserts and has a golden aroma on caramel and bread.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt, iodized or rock only
- Mix and cook sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish.
- Place slices of bread on top of mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour evenly over bread slices.
- Cover the baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bake the syrup-covered bread (without the cover) at 350°F for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve this delicious dessert/snack to 6 kids.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.