In Romanian: Tort caramel
- 5 oz / 150 g caramelized sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 5 oz / 150 g confectioner's sugar
- vanilla or ¼ cup rum
- 5 oz / 150 g butter
- Make a dough out of sour cream, butter, vanilla and flour.
- Knead a medium soft dough.
- Let rest for a half hour, then divide into 9 equal parts.
- Roll each part into round sheets the size of the baking pan.
- Bake the sheets one by one, after pricking them with a fork.
- In the meantime, caramelize 5 oz / 150 g sugar in a small pan.
- In another pan, place the milk, 5 oz / 150 g sugar, vanilla (or rum) and the butter.
- Add the caramelized sugar, mix and let come to a boil.
- Spread this mixture on 8 of the sheets.
- Break the 9th sheet into little pieces and sprinkle on the last sheet with cream on it.
- Serve this cake the following day after preparation.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.