Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups sliced sweet mild onion (about 3 large)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute 8 to 10 minutes, stirring periodically until browned and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, combine rice, Parmesan and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch removable bottom pan.
- Distribute onion over crust and top with smoked gouda and pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes, until pecans are toasted.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.