- 2 lbs of sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of lard or butter
- 2 tbsp of flour
- Rinse the sauerkraut once with water, and put into a pot along with the caraway seeds and tablespoon of sugar, and cup of water.
- Slowly cook till kraut is soft about ½ hour.
- When kraut is soft, blend 2 tbsp of butter or lard with 2 tbsp of flour and stir into the kraut mixing it in and stirring while the roux cooks to thicken the kraut.
- Be sure it simmers a few minutes to cook away the raw flour.
- Keep warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.