- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds stewing beef, in 1-inch chunks
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 baking potatoes, 1 inch dice
- 3 sweet potatoes, 1 inch dice
- 2 ears corn, cut into 1 inch widths
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, in ½ inch dice
- 2 peaches in ½ inch dice
- 2 pears in ½ inch dice
- Heat oil in heavy pot.
- Brown beef in batches.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook tomatoes, pepper, onion and garlic until soft.
- Add seasonings, stock and wine.
- Bring to boil scraping up browned bits, then return beef to pot with potatoes and sweet potatoes.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn and squash.
- Simmer 10 more minutes, until vegetables are almost fully tender, then add fruits and cook only 5 minutes more.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.