I like this recipe because it is so versatile. You can substitute the fruit of your choice, add freshly grated coconut, nuts, etc. If I prepare this for a buffet, I just prepare the yogurt-cream mixture and serve it on the table surrounded by bowls of different tropical fruit (or you can use any fruit..doesn't have to be tropical). This way, your guests can choose the fruits they prefer and make up their own bowl of fruit and cream.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups of ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- fruit, of your choice (optional)
- The day before serving, cream together the yogurt and the cream until it is fairly thick but not stiff.
- Put the mixure into an 8" shallow dish and sprinkle with the brown sugar, cover and refrigerate.
- Let sit for 24 hours.
- On the day that you are serving it, let it sit on the counter until it comes to room temperature.
- Put diced mango on top and serve.