- 675 g / 1½ lb beef steak (e.g. rump, sirloin)
- 3 bay leaves
- water or stock
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green (sweet pepper), de-seeded and chopped
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp adobo
- Place meat in a large saucepan together with the bay leaves, cover with water or stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until very tender.
- Remove the beef from the pan and when cool enough to handle, shred into pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, salt, vinegar, adobo and shredded meat, mix well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.