- 2 1/2 lbs lean flank Steak, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place all ingredients in a plastic zipper bag and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, if using your oven to dry, cover your oven racks with foil and preheat oven to 180 degrees F.
- Transfer drained meat to baking racks and dry for approximately 6 hours;
- Place a couple of potholders in the oven door to keep it slightly ajar so moisture can escape and the meat can dry more thoroughly.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.