- 1# Carnitas
- 2 cups masa harina
- 1 2/3 cups of warm chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. roasted anise seeds
- 4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 12 to 16 large dried corn husks, soaked in hot water until pliable
- 2 cups Manchamantel Sauce
- Make the Carnitas - shredding meat by hand.
- Mix the masa harina and stock with whisk In a large bowl, whisk the butter, baking powder, salt, anise, Cayenne, and paprika until very light and fluffy.
- Blend in the masa in 1/4 cup scoops and continue beating after each.
- You want this to be very fluffy and light.
- Test by taking a tsp. full and dropping into a glass of water.
- If it floats-you've got it. If it plunks to the bottom—keep on beating!!!!!!!!
- Divide the masa and Carnitas filling evenly between the corn husks, roll and tie tamales. Then steam for 30 minutes.
Serve on a pool of lovely Manchamantel sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.