- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 2 cups half-and-half milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup almonds, thinly slivered
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- A dash of red coloring
- In a cooking pan, combine Grated Carrots and milk.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for an hour, until the carrot has softened.
- Add butter, Sugar, cardamom, almonds, raisins, and cashews; mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle a dash of red coloring and simmer the mixture, stirring continuously, for another 15–20 minutes until the carrot mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a well-butter container; spread into a 2-in. thick layer.
- Chill overnight in refrigerator.
- Cut into 2-in. cubes.
- Serve chilled, topped with sliced almonds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.