Try this moist and flavorful carrot cake recipe!
- 2¾ cups grated carrots
- 1 cup puréed pineapple
- 2¼ cup flour or cake flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 x 9 inch cake pans.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Blend in oil, then beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Stir in pineapple purée and carrots *mix until well blended.
- Pour into the two greased pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove cakes from oven and allow them to set for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar.
- Frost cake when it is completely cooled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.