This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Neeley Estate in Waxahachie, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 medium banana peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat butter in a large non reactive pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, turmeric, cardamom, curry powder, cloves and cayenne and sauté until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add carrots and sauté until lightly colored.
- Stir in the banana and raisins.
- Add water, salt and pepper then bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce heat to low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and increase the heat to medium and cook shaking frequently until most of the liquid is evaporated and the carrots and raisins are glazed.
- Garnish with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.