- 1 cup almonds, blanched
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites, at room temp
- ¼ lbs carrots, coarsely grated pinch
- cream of tartar
- In food processor, pulverize the almonds with ¼ cup of sugar.
- In a bowl combine the almond mixture with one egg white and the carrots.
- Beat remaining egg whites with a pinch of salt until frothy, add cream of tartar and beat to soft peaks, then beat in remaining sugar to hard peaks.
- Stir ¼ of the whites into the carrots, then fold in the rest.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F until golden brown (approximately 15 minutes).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.