- 2½ cups brown rice flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- ⅓ cup prune purée (see note)
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar or honey
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup canned unsweetened, crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease and flour 12 standard muffin pan cups.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In medium bowl, pour in lightly beaten eggs, oil, prune purée, milk and both sugars and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling them three-quarters full.
- Bake until muffins are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.