This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gibson Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 4 carrots grated
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup raisins
- In 5 quart soup pot heat the oil then stir in carrots and onion and sauté until tender then add remaining ingredients, increase heat and cover.
- When mixture reaches a boil reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.