- Oil-2 tbsp
- Onion, peeled and chopped-1 medium
- carrots, scrubbed and chopped-900g/2 lb
- Light vegetable stock-1l/1¾pt
- Nutmeg-2.5g/½ tsp
- Paprika-2.5g/½ tsp
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped-15-30g/1-2 tbsp
- Rind and juice-1 large orange
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra coriander leaves orange slices-for the garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, then cover the pan and sweat them for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Peel and chop the carrots finely and add these to the pan. Cover again and sweat the vegetables for a further 10 minutes.
- Next add the stock, spices, coriander and the rind and juice of an orange. Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Let the soup cool, then liquidise it thoroughly, making sure it is completely smooth. Season it well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then return the soup to a clean pan and re-heat it gently.
- You can serve this soup garnished with extra coriander or thin slices of orange.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.