- 1 1/2 lbs. young carrots
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c. white Raisins
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- About 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- Scrape carrots.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices, preferably diagonal.
- Place in saucepan with butter, wine and nutmeg.
- Cover with tight fitting lid and cook over low heat until carrots are tender.
- Stir carefully once or twice.
- Add Sugar and Raisins and cook a few minutes longer.
- Add salt, pepper & Stir.
- Cook without lid for a few more minutes.
- If desired, a bit of powdered ginger may be added with nutmeg.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.