- 8 oz. light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 loaf day-old country-style French bread, cut into 16 thick slices
- 1 6-oz. jar of prickly pear marmalade, or 6 oz. orange marmalade or fruit-based jelly
- 1 cup fat-free French vanilla coffee creamer
- 32 oz. egg substitute, or 12 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- prickly pear syrup or other fruit syrup for garnish
- Confectioners’ Sugar for sprinkling
1. Spread the cream cheese evenly on 2 slices of bread. Place 1 teaspoon marmalade on one side, and make a sandwich. Repeat until bread is used up. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and place the 8 sandwiches in it.
3. Preheat the oven to 350F.
4. Bake on the center rack for about 1 hour. For the last 5 minutes of baking, remove the foil to brown the tops. Drizzle individual plates with syrup. Place the French toast in the center of the plate, and sprinkle with confectioners’ Sugar. Serve with additional syrup if desired.