Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Quick, comforting, creamy and satisfying.
- 200 g casarecce pasta
- 300 g cooked chicken
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- 1 small lemon
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 250 ml boiling water
- large knob of butter
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in plenty of boiling, salted water.
- The cooking time will neatly coincide with preparing the sauce.
- Tear the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the sage.
- Remove the zest from half the lemon and chop finely.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice, the zest and sage.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, stir in the flour to make a smooth paste.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly to make a thick, creamy sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stir in the crème fraîche, taste, season with salt and pepper and add the chicken.
- Stir the sauce into the drained pasta and serve with a lemon wedge and a little chopped parsley or chives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.