- Cut the roast into serving pieces and brown in oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven. #Spread garlic and onion over meat along with tomatoes.
- Add red wine, if desired, and the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer slowly for 4 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Serve with plenty of French bread, red wine and a green salad.
- The meat may be served over the bread.
- Catsrecipes Y-Group
- This recipe is from the matriarch of the Andrade family of San Leandro, who came from the Madeira Islands.
- Source: Dorothy Perkins