I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Monsey Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup cool water
- 1 cup raw cashews well rinsed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dried sweet basil
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Place gelatin in blender with cool water and let soak while preparing other ingredients.
- To blender add rest of ingredients except boiling water and lemon juice.
- Place lid on blender with insert removed then turn on blender and immediately begin to pour boiling water in steady stream through opening in lid.
- After all water has been added continue to blend for 4 minutes.
- Briefly blend in lemon juice.
- Pour into jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate several hours until set.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.