- 64 oz water
- 1 lb shank
- 2 stems celery
- 5 grains pimiento
- 1 fresh whole pepper
- 4 oz pickled meat (option: smoked - or dried fish)
- 3 - 4 cubes bouillon (depending on the individual taste)
- 2 medium cassavas (about 1 lb), cut into bite - size cubes
- 1 small whole onion
- coconut milk (option) for a smooth texture.
- Boil the water for ten minutes together with the shank (take away any foam that occurs).
- Add to this, the unsalted pickled meat.
- The whole onion, celery stems, pimiento grains, the whole pepper (do not pierce!), and the cassava.
- The soup is ready when the cassava, pickled meat and shank are tender.
- At the end, add the bouillon cubes and as option; the coconut milk.
- Boil for an additional 5 – 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.