Here are a few of the most popular Swedish soups. You can expect to find such sup names both at a traditional Swedish meal and in a Swedish restaurant.
- Salmon Soup - A cream soup with salmon, potatoes and onion, flavored with dill and parsley.
- Mutton Stew - Includes root vegetables and cabbage and is flavored with ginger and pepper.
- Nässelsoppa - Stinging nettles are found in few cuisines outside Sweden.
- Orkdal Soup - A lamb and rice soup with carrots, cabbage and a bit of onion.
- Meat Stew - meat, potatoes, carrots and onion. The use of canned cream of mushroom and cream of tomato soup makes this easy to throw into the crockpot before you leave for the day.
- Scandinavian Yellow Pea Soup - This recipe includes carrots, potatoes, onions, Danish or Canadian bacon, and Vienna sausages.
- Yellow Pea Soup (Ärtsoppa) - An authentic Swedish-style recipe, just peas, water, salt, onions and a bit of herbs. You can add pork or lamb if you don't want the vegetarian version.
- Chilled Beet, Orange and Dill Soup - A cold soup for the buffet table, resonating with Swedish-favorite flavors of beets, dill and orange.
All items (10)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.