The Welsh traditional cuisine it is very complex, containing thousands of recipes. Here is an overview of the most popular Welsh recipes:
- Welsh Cakes, “Pice ar y maen”- the famous spicy cakes served warm;
- Welsh Rarebit – mature cheddar cheese mixed with strong mustard, on toast.
- Welsh Chicken, Leak and Broccoli Casserole – made of chicken breasts, leek and broccoli;
- Welsh Chipple and Bacon Pie – made of beacon, eggs, cream cheese and scallions;
- Welsh Lamb Steaks With Redcurrant Glaze – made of lamb steaks with olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice and red wine;
- Welsh Watkin Wine Pudding – made of breadcrumbs, egg, milk and currants;
- Welsh Tomato and Apple Soup – made of chicken stock, cooking apples, onions and tomatoes;
- Traditional Welsh Honeycake – a holiday cake, made of flour, honey, butter, sugar, eggs and milk;
- Welsh Glamorgan Vegetarian Sausages – made of Welsh cheese - “caerphilly”, leeks and breadcrumbs;
- Welsh Cheese Tarts – despite the name, it doesn’t contain any cheese, being made of flour, eggs, butter, sugar and strawberry jam;
- Rolled Beef Rib Roast with Horseradish Cream – made of beef rib roast, sour cream, lemon juice, horseradish, olive oil, garlic, carrots, leek and thyme.
- carmarthern misser bake, layered cooked bacon pieces, sliced onion and thin sliced potato baked in the over in a rich stock.
- bara brith, ( speckled bread) mixed dried fruit baked in a tea loaf.
All items (10)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.