Makes 10 servings.
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup fish fry coating mix
- ½ cup cornbread mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg, separated
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ pound farm-raised catfish fillets, cooked and flaked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cook carrots and onions in butter in small skillet over medium heat until tender crisp; set aside.
- Combine fish fry coating mix, cornbread mix, baking powder, creole seasoning, and black pepper in large bowl.
- Blend milk with egg yolk and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir rice, fish, carrot mixture, and milk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg white until stiff but not dry.
- Fold in beaten egg white.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by ¼ cup into skillet; flatten.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.