A Catfish recipe.
- 1½ pounds u.s. farm-raised catfish fillets
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 x 8-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- for garnish: minced fresh parsley
- Dust catfish fillets with flour, shaking off excess.
- Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the fillets, two at a time, in the hot oil for 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place the fillets on a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, mix tomatoes, garlic, oregano, tarragon and thyme.
- Stir the wine and cornstarch in a small bowl until combined.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Spoon the sauce over the fillets, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.