Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 3 onions, sliced
- 6 to 7 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 to 1½ Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsppepper
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ small bottle ketchup
- 1½ to 2 lbs catfish fillet
- 3 slices of bacon
- 5 eggs
- Fry bacon until crisp and crumble.
- Put bacon, ½ bacon drippings, and first 12 ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Add twice the amount of water it takes to cover potatoes and onions.
- Cook until onions are tender.
- Add fish and bring back to a boil.
- Crack and add 1 egg at a time and cook until eggs are done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.