Description[edit | edit source]
A Catfish recipe.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Ham, cut into julienne strips
- 8 lemon slices
Directions[edit | edit source]
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Cut parchment paper or aluminum foil into four 12-inch squares. Fold in half to make a crease down the center and then open up.
3. Divide the Catfish mixture among the squares of parchment or foil, placing it on one half of each square. Arrange strips of bell pepper and Ham over the Catfish and top with 2 lemon slices. Spoon some of the remaining marinade mixture over each packet. Fold parchment or foil in half to cover the Catfish, then tightly fold in the edges, crimping around each of the sides to seal the packets completely.
4. Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until flakes easily when tested with a fork; carefully unfold one side of one of the packets to check for doneness. To serve, tear or cut open packets carefully at the table, taking care not to get burned by the steam.