From my Aunt Minnie’s Collection. Dated 1950’s but not sure of what year. She used to make this for me and I pretended I liked it, but it is a little on the bland side for me (don’t tell her)….
- 1 large white Onion sliced
- 2-tablespoons butter
- 4-cups cubed potatoes
- 2-cups cold water
- 1-cup sliced celery
- 2-teaspoon salt
- 1/4-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-cups milk
- 2-tablespoon flour
- 1-package frankfurters, sliced
- 1/2-pound pasteurized cubed Cheese
- Cook and stir Onion in butter in 3-quart saucepan on medium-high heat until tender.
- Add potatoes, water, celery and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Gradually add small amount of milk to flour, stirring until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to hot vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining milk and Sausage; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add process cheese and stir until melted.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.